Saturday, December 29, 2012

Fallen, the series (a review)

Our library has a neat new thing called 7 Day Check Out.  No renewals, no holds.  The most popular books are placed there and it's sort of every woman for herself. I like that  in a library now and then.  What's fun about it to me is that it's a quick way to see what's popular in YA and MG in my area.  If I see something with multiple copies, I make sure to grab it and read it.  The last series I read this way was the Fallen series, by Lauren Kate:  Fallen, Torment, Passion, Fallen In Love (short stories), and Rapture.  I was sick as a dog and in bed for three days, so I did a LOT of reading all at once.  I really enjoyed the characters.  The writing was in the Twilight category, although she did have some really neat turns of phrases that caught my eye.  I think it's tough to pull off fallen angels, but she did it, and she had a great story arc that comes to fruition at the end.  There are times when I got impatient and felt the plot dragged in the second book (again, much like the Twilight series), but it was enjoyable read.  I won't go out and buy it (sorry!), but I can see why it's popular.  And the covers are GORGEOUS.  If you liked House of Night, Twilight, or any other goth-urban-fantasy set of novels :), then this will be right up your alley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!