Friday, November 18, 2011

Why Reviews Matter

I had heard of Shatter Me, by Tahereh Mafi. I had sort of thought I'd wait to get it at the library, though. I have so many books already. But then I read Nathan Bransford's post about it. Then I read this part of his post.

But what really sets 'Shatter Me' apart is the writing. True to form, Tahereh didn't just go and write a novel, there's an incredibly clever use of strikethrough and some of the most unique turns of phrase and descriptions you'll ever see in a YA novel. 'Shatter Me' is proof that you can have innovative language in a commercial YA novel.

I immediately turned on my Kindle, saw that it was available on Kindle and I bought it. Just like that. Because when someone like Nathan Bransford (former agent, now published MG author)is this impressed with someone's writing, it means I need to check it out.

And I'm glad I did. Her writing lived up to the hype. I'm very impressed and I enjoyed the book immensely.

Thanks, Nathan, for the great review! It's a win-win: a win for the author and a win for the readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!