Monday, April 13, 2009

Sisterhood Awards

This is something I should have done weeks ago, but in honor of my receiving one from Sardine Mama at Sardines in a Can, I am supposed to give out my own SisterHood awards to women bloggers we admire. Here are my top five in no particular order:

Of course:

Sardines in a Can-- I've learned more about mothering than you would believe from this woman and it's always fun to read her blog!

Little Owl Learning-- As a fellow homeschooler and attachment parenting mom, I enjoy reading the exploits of their family and admire how much Owl Mama strives to provide the best for her kids.

Grateful for Grace-- Such an honest blogger, willing to open her life to us! I admire this mama for her firm convictions about her faith and her ability to listen to people with this amazing focus. She is also the first person who showed me homeschooling was a real option that created cool kids. :) We don't get to see each other very often at all, but whenever we do, I feel like I just saw her! And she captures the cutest things her kids say.

Sufficient for Today-- SO I just read that Dawn is giving up her blog, at least for a while. BUMMER!!!! But I can admire that. I've been away for a while, too. But I admire her so much and enjoyed her postings that I am going to list her blog here anyway! So there! You can enjoy all the archived posts.

Mami de Paz-- I love that this woman is working so hard on learning to speak clearly and directly in a peaceful manner that respects all around her while still meets her own needs. She has three sons (within 3 years) and her patience is a model for me!

Cynsations-- This woman runs the most amazing site for anyone interested in children's, middle grade, or YA literature. Just amazing. She is a published author herself and knows her stuff. Many excellent interviews with agents and editors! I had the good fortune to meet her at a conference (Author and Editor critique day-- she was the author) and so even though we don't really know each other, I still feel she deserves this award. :)

That was six, huh? Well, hey, I think it was supposed to be 10 originally, but I'm out of time!

ETA: I remembered when I saw Dawn's lovely post (Thank you, Dawn) that I was supposed to post this part, too. I also cannot get the logo loaded and have tried several times. Oh well!

The rules of the “Sisterhood Award” are:1. Put the logo on your blog or post.2. Nominate at least 10 people whose blogs you enjoy.3. Provide a link to your nominees within your post.4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blogs.5. Share the love and link to this post and to the person who has nominated you for the award.

4 comments:

  1. I gave you the Sisterhood Award here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, Thanks!! What an honor. I appreciate it very much.
    I was telling my dh how I wished we saw each other more often. Let's get together this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds wonderful! I'd love that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!