Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Lightning Thief to be made into a movie!

Congratulations to local San Antonio author, Rick Riordan, whose novel The Lightning Thief, the first in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, will be made into a movie. It is schedule to be released in 2010 and I saw about it in Entertainment Weekly. Whoot whoot to our local author! I enjoyed Lightning Thief in part because I adore Greek mythology--it's so clever the way he weaves it in into a modern story setting. If I still taught in the classroom, we'd totally read this novel. Check it out-- go get yourself a copy!

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite books - although I've not read the entire series (jules has). Rick's wife came to a talk I gave about homeschooling - it seems they were going to homeschool their sons. She was very nice and we were in the middle of reading The Lightening Thief at the time! I have not read any of his adult novels. Anyway, this is exciting for him, I'm sure. Dream come true.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!